Governance at softball clubs and associations is about effective systems, processes, policies and procedures in place to ensure the overall direction, effectiveness, supervision and accountability of clubs and associations.
Why should your club or association apply good governance?
- A well run organisation is attractive to new members
- Good governance supports growth and development
- Funding agencies, potential sponsors and government look favourably to well managed organisations
- Leads to better decision making
- Good governance reduces the risks.
In this section you will find tools, templates, information and resources to administer good governance, develop or improve your club constitution, develop relevant policies and procedures, learn why your club should incorporate, information on conducting effective meetings and other useful information related to governance.